Key Stage 4 Results
The school has secured a good set of GCSE results in 2019 with 56% of students achieving a standard pass 9-4 in both English and Mathematics and 32% of students achieving 9-5 in both English and Mathematics. As well as progress within individual student entries the school is very pleased to announce improvements in both the overall attainment with an Attainment 8 score of 41.62 and a continued improvement in the progress of students from The Grange School with an un-validated Progress 8 score of -0.32.
The Ebacc attainment figure has risen to 11.99 from 11.53.
Headteacher, Vince Murray says:
“We would like to congratulate our students for their performance during their exams and look forward to seeing their continued success. Students and staff have worked extremely hard to ensure success and I am delighted for our students in achieving good results that will enable them to continue in the educations setting of their choice.”
“Our students should feel proud that their hard work and enthusiasm have resulted in securing good examination results. On behalf of all of the staff here at The Grange we want to congratulate them. They have been a joy to teach and contributed so much to the school and we wish them every success for the future. As young people they offer and bring so much to the town of Aylesbury.”
Key Stage 5 Results
- the average point score per A level entry was 24.59 and as an average grade achieved was D+.
- the average point score per academic entry was 24.59 and as an average grade achieved was D+.
- the average point score for applied general was 18.50 and the average grade was a Pass+.
- the average point score for technical qualification was 28.67 and the average grade was Merit+
The progress figures will tell you how much progress students who studied A levels or vocational qualifications at this school or college made between the end of key stage 4 and the end of their A level studies, compared to similar students across England. We are awaiting confirmation of our value added figures for 2019 as it has not yet been published.
English and Mathematics Progress
This means the results for those KS5 students who needed to re-take their GCSE. In 2019 for GCSE English 8 students were required to re-sit and 7 passed so success rate of 88%. In 2019 for GCSE Maths 11 students were required to re-sit and 8 passed so success rate of 73%.
There were 227 students aged 15 at the start of the 2017/18 school year of whom in September 2018:
- 212 = 93.4% continued in full time education
- 10% = 4.4% entered training (non employed status)
- 0 = entered an apprenticeship
- 0 = entered employment with accredited training
- 0 = entered employment with no training
- 5 = 2.2% fall into other categories
The link below will take you to the DfE performance table information for The Grange School.