Governors can best be likened to the non-executive directors of a public company. Their main responsibilities include determining the aims, values and overall conduct of the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement.
Specific duties include setting staffing levels, appointing the Headteacher and senior staff, setting and agreeing the school budget, ensuring that a broad and balanced curriculum is delivered, as well as health and safety and the management of the premises.
The Governors work as a team with the Headteacher to raise the standards of achievement for all students at the school; they act as a critical friend by monitoring and challenging.
THE GOVERNING BODY
The Governing Body is comprised of the following Governors:
- The Headteacher – Mr Vincent Murray
- 1 Governor appointed by the Local Authority – Mr Alan Sherwell
- 2 Foundations Governors appointed by the Aylesbury Learning Partnership of Schools (ALPS) of which The Grange is a member – Mr Andrew Hamshere ; Mrs Zena Sutcliffe (Chair)
- 3 Governors elected by the parent body – Mr M Cardoso, Mrs L Williment, Mr Dan Walters.
- 1 Governor elected by the staff – Mr A Haycock
- 4 Governors co-opted (appointed) by the Governing Board of which a maximum of two may be staff members – Mr S Barrett, Mr D Eatwell Mr P Harper (Vice Chair), Mrs V Kuht.
To contact our Chair of Governors, Mrs Zena Sutcliffe, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org