We are very excited to be taking part in Inter Faith Week which runs between the 10-17 November 2019. As part of this important week we are looking to run a series of events.
We would like to invite local people from a range of religions to be part of our “Religious Question Time” project. This will involve a panel of different religious representatives from across our community forming a panel. The idea is that students from Year 10 and Year 11 can ask questions of our guests to gain a greater understanding of the various religions represented in our local area.
Through the project we also hope to:
- Increase the understanding of people of religious and non-religious beliefs.
- Increase awareness of the different and distinct faith communities in the UK, in particular celebrating and building on the contribution which their members make to their neighbourhood and to wider society.
- Strengthen Interfaith relations.
- Build stronger links with Faith organisations across the community to allow for future collaboration with our school.
- Provide students with an opportunity to use their questioning skills.
- Increase students’ depth of understanding of different religions.
We would be delighted if you would be able to support us with this event on either or both of the following dates:
- Monday 11 November – 12:15pm to 1:15pm
- Tuesday 12 November – 11:15am to 12:15pm
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help support the school with this event.